Is it risky to use my credit card on the Internet?
Marketplacebyjasons.com uses a 128-bit secure socket layer (SSL) to protect the privacy of your credit card information. In simple language, this means that complex math is used to encrypt your credit card details.
How do you protect my personal data?
Why do you collect personal data?
Market Place by Jasons collects personal data from on-line customers to improve our delivery of on-line shopping services. A more detailed description of our approach is described in our Terms and Conditions.
If you are simply visiting the site, and not purchasing goods, you do not need to supply any personal data to access or use the site. However, personal data will be collected from you if you request our catalogues or other promotional brochures or materials.Personal data collected from online customers and site visitors may be used by Market Place by Jasons to:
- ensure continuous provision of services
- contact online customers and visitors for marketing purposes
- design services for online customers and visitors
- conduct research on which sections of the site may not be meeting its customers' needs
- customize pages of this site for individual visitors
- notify online customers and visitors of up-dates to this site
- notify online customers and visitors of promotions, special offers or new products
- contact online customers with queries regarding their account
- perform statistical analysis of online customers and visitors behaviour and characteristics in order to measure interest in and use of the various areas of the site and provide this information to advertisers together with information as to the number of users that have been exposed to or clicked on their banners
Is my personal data confidential?
Personal data held by Market Place by Jasons relating to its online customers or to visitors to the site will be kept confidential but Market Place by Jasons may provide this information to third parties including but not limited to its advertisers, associated companies or contractors/agents or other network operators who perform certain tasks for it in connection with the provision of its services to its online customers and to visitors to this site.
Any questions, comments, suggestions or information other than personal data sent or posted to the site, or any part of the site by online customers and visitors will be considered voluntarily provided to Market Place by Jasons on a non-confidential and non-proprietary basis. We reserves the right to use, reproduce, disclose, transmit, publish, broadcast and/or post elsewhere such information freely, including passing it to any associated company for example, in connection with the development, manufacture and marketing of products and services and to meet customer needs.
Is my personal data safe?
- enable tighter security
- enable online customers to keep browsing and adding products to their shopping basket
- personalize sites for customers
- build online customer or visitor profiles
- Most web browsers will allow you to block cookies. However, doing so will make majority of our web services rendered unavailable
How is my personal data affected by links to other sites?
Marketplacebyjasons.com may contain links to other sites and pages. By activating a link, such as for example by clicking on the banner of an advertiser, you leave this site and we does not exercise control over any personal data or any other information you give to any other entity after you have left this site.
What if I have questions about this policy?
You can also send your request in writing to the following address:
Human Resources Manager
Market Place by Jasons Limited
5/F Devon House,
979 King's Road, Quarry Bay
Market Place by Jasons reserves the right to charge you a reasonable fee for the processing of any data access request.